01/10/2003–Present - Geospatial Data and GIS Manager. Centremaps at Laser Surveys, Malvern (United Kingdom).
- Responsible for the implementation, management, processing and delivery of geospatial data products and services.
- Excellent, in-depth knowledge of GIS, spatial databases, Ordnance Survey data and products, LiDAR, open government geospatial data, aerial imagery and UAV captured data.
01/10/2000–15/09/2003 - Assistant Manager. Andy's Records Ltd, Worcester (United Kingdom).
- Excellent Team leadership and customer service skills.
- keeping good relationships with customers and suppliers and delegation of tasks.
- Excellent knowledge of music of all genres including; rock, electronic, folk, international, blues, country, jazz, reggae, soul and classical.
01/06/2000–29/09/2000 - Revenues Assistant. Wyre Forest District Council, Kidderminster (United Kingdom)
- Implementation and maintenance of council tax records computer systems.
- Document organisation and digitisation.
- Court summons administration.
Education and Training
15/09/2013–01/10/2016 - MSc in Geographical Information Technologies with Distinction. UNIGIS UK, University of Salford, Salford (United Kingdom).
- Foundations in GIS
- Methods in GIS
- Spatial data Infrastructures
- Distributed GIS
- Spatial Databases and Programming
- MSc thesis title: Exploring vernacular perceptions of spatial entities: A case study using social media data and R for delimiting vague, informal neighbourhoods in Central London, UK.
- Awarded The UNIGIS International Association (UIA) Academic Excellence prize 2017 by The UNIGIS Global Network of Universities for MSc work.
- Awarded the UNIGIS UK prize for best MSc Dissertation, (sponsored by Manchester Airport).
15/09/1997–01/06/2000 - BSc (Hons) Biology and Geography. University of Derby, Derby (United Kingdom).
- Applied Geographic Information Systems
- Inner City Studies and Urban Geography
- Ecology, Conservation and Ecosystems
- Transport Geography
- Field Biology
15/09/1995–01/06/1997 - General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level. Stourport-on-Severn High School Sixth Form College, Stourport-on-Severn (United Kingdom).
- General Studies
15/09/1993–01/06/1995 - General Certificate of Secondary Education. Stourport-on-Severn High School, Stourport-on-Severn (United Kingdom).
- English Language
- English Literature
- Science (double award)
- Integrated Humanities
- English - Mother tongue.
- French - Proficient at reading, listening, understanding and speaking.
- Presented orally (both nationally and internationally) the results of research at informal workshops, formal seminars and online meetings. Most recently at GI_Forum, University of Salzburg, Austria and VGI-Analytics, Wageningen University, The Netherlands.
- Proven qualitative questionnaire implementation skills, with field experience on inner city housing estates.
- Presented and demonstrated systems and proposals in a work environment.
- Tutored undergraduates in report writing and the use of GIS, geospatial data, cartographic skills and spatial databases. Have given advice to postgraduate students with their MSc dissertations.
- Very experienced at writing professional and academic reports, research papers and grant applications.
- Recently had a research paper published in the Austrian open access journal GI_Forum.
Organisational / managerial skills
- Organized when liaising between UNIGIS staff and students during my time as UNIGIS student representative. Was very approachable and sympathetic to students concerns and problems.
- Frequently managed a shop and a team of retail assistants during my time as assistant manager of a recorded music shop.
- Elected player–manager of a Worcestershire F.A. affiliated football team by my peers.
- Efficient, accurate and prompt at service delivery to a demanding client base.
- Mentoring and advising skills with less experienced members of staff.
- Team work as part of a small but dynamic and highly motivated team.
- Excellent knowledge of working with the Microsoft Office suite of products and LibreOffice.
- Excellent time management working to short and long term strict deadlines.
- End of month data royalty calculations and partner invoicing.
- Excellent at nurturing, advising and retaining a large and diverse client base.
- Very Experienced with the implementation of PostGIS spatial databases and SQL.
- Excellent command of GIS software. Very experienced user of QGIS, ESRI, Cadcorp, uDig and Global Mapper.
- Very good command of Autodesk InfraWorks, Pix4D, AutoCAD, SketchUp and Draftsight.
- Excellent working knowledge of GDAL command line implementation.
- Very Good command of the R language for statistical computing, especially with regards to spatial statistics and analysis.
- Raspberry Pi computer enthusiast.
- Editor of OpenStreetMap and a member of the OpenStreetMap community.
- Learning Python and the NetLogo agent-based programming language.